8 pieces; 1 muffin
4 egg whites
100 gr caster sugar
50 gr almond chips
2 tbsp flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tbsp lemon juice
10 tsp thick apple jam
1. Ground or crush almond chips.
2. Whisk eggwhites into stiff foam with a pinch of salt, add caster sugar and keep whipping until foam is strong (doesn't fall out of the bowl if you turn it upside down).
3. Add lemon juice to egg foam. Mix almonds, flour and baking powder and carefully mix into egg foam.
4. Add foam to the bottom of every muffin, top with 1 tsp of apple jam, and then distribute rest of the egg foam to muffin forms.
5. Bake in 175C degree oven for about 15 minutes, until muffins turn slightly brown.
Tip! You can replace regular flour with rice flour.
Prepared by: Marika Puhm
Photo: Raivo Tiikmaa