Pumpkin with couscous
4 servings ; 1 serving
2 cloves of garlic
500 g pumpkin
2 tsp oil
1 tsp ground cumin
300 ml hot vegetable stock
ground black pepper
150 g green beans
200 g white beans canned in water
30 g dried apricots
½ lemon's juice and grated zest
150 g couscous
4 tbsp chopped fresh coriander
1. Chop onions, crush garlic cloves, cut tomatoes into pieces and pumpkin into cubes.
2. Heat oil on pan, fry onion and garlic for about 5 minutes. Add cumin and continue to heat for one more minute.
3. Pour 100ml of vegetable stock on pan, add tomatoes and pumpkin. Flavor with salt and black pepper. Reduce heat, and stew for 15 minutes.
4. Add green beans and drained white beans to pan and continue to heat for 5 more minutes.
5. Cut apricots into small pieces, add with lemon zest and lemon juice to rest of the stock, bring to boil, pour over couscous and let stand for 5 minutes with lid. Mix with fork and sprinkle half of the coriander on top.
6. Serve pumpkin stew with couscous, sprinkle rest of coriander on top.
Don't know your daily units allowance? Download our Figure Friends app from here and find out!